Sunday, September 4, 2011

Chinese Food Surprise

I woke up to some delicious, fresh popovers this morning. If you've never had one, I can't really describe them. You know, other than yummy. They're not really terrible for you either, so I felt confident it was a good start to my food day.

I wasn't really hungry at lunch time and was planning on a late afternoon meal from the this great little sushi place down the street from me. Unfortunately, that place was closed. So, I got decent Chinese take-out from around the corner for vegetable dumplings and some wonton soup. I didn't even finish it but am so unbelievably full that I'm uncomfortable. I'm not even sure how to feel about that.

I mean, I guess it's good to be unable to overeat but I enjoy food and turning enjoyment into discomfort is not fun. While I only had a little I'm going to have to learn to enjoy even less than that and let my membership in the clean plate club lapse.

I think that as a jumping off place for a diet, the Master Cleanse worked really well for me. As a cleanse, I just didn't give it enough time.

No comments:

Post a Comment